Today was one of those days that I decided to use all the stuff that were waiting in my fridge for a long time -long time means at most 1 week for me- I checked my fridge and saw that there were lots of “greens” waiting for me.. Spinach, fresh mint, fresh parsley, fresh dill and so on.. Here are the menu and the recipes.. Enjoy..
Ingredients (makes 6):
75ml olive oil / 250gr Spinach (leaves + roots) / 1 onion / 50 gr butter
garlic / salt & pepper / dry red pepper / dry mint / 2glasses of beef stock / 2 glasses of water
2 tablespoon flour / 3 table spoon yogurt / 1 egg
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Chop the onions & garlic and cook until tender.
- Chop the spinach and add on the onions . Stir them until spinach is limp.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back to the pan.
- Add 2 glasses of beef stock, salt, pepper and wait till it boils.
- Add 6 glasses of hot water and again wait till it boils..
- In a bowl, whisk egg, yogurt and flour make sure that you have a thick sauce. If not like a sauce, add water to thin it.
- Take 4-5 table spoons of the boiling mixture . Add to the bowl and whisk, one spoon at a time.
- Add the sauce in the bowl to the boiled mixture in the soup pot. Stir it and turn off the heat.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan. Add 1 tea spoon red pepper and 1 tea spoon mint.
- Then pour it into the soup, stir.
Your spinach soup is ready.
Green Mashed Potatoes:
Ingredients: (makes 6)
1kg Potato / Fresh Basil Leaves / Fresh Parsley Leaves / Fresh Dill / Fresh Mint /
30 ml Olive Oil / 50gr Butter / Salt / Black Pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with boiling salted water.
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Take the potatoes out and let them cool.
- Peel and mash the potatoes.
- Put the mashed potatoes into the pot.
- Turn the heat on, add olive oil and butter.
- Whisk the potatoes with milk, salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat.
- Chop all the greens and add on the mashed potatoes.
Brown Sauced Lamb Meat
Ingredients: (makes 6)
1kg Diced Lamb Meat (Shoulder) / 50ml Olive Oil / 30gr Butter / 250ml Water / Flour / Salt / Blackpepper
- Put the meat in a bowl add the olive oil and stir.
- Add the meat in a heated pan and cook until brown.
- Add butter, salt and pepper.
- Stir and wait until butter melts.
- Lower the heat and add the water.
- When the water is half reduced add the flour.
- Stir till you get the thick sauce.